Friday, April 22, 2016

10 days left...

I have an official 10 days left of school for the year. My first official semester of the social work program. One year left. WHAT IS MY LIFE?! In August I start my internship at the DRC on campus, and I could not be anymore excited. Are you guys sick of me talking about school yet? IDGAF. This is my world, and I am loving it the more I am involved.

Today I got accepted for the leadership program I applied for. Which, is here in Boise, but I had to write two essays and have references supporting me. AND over 50 women applied, and they only accepted 30. This is the first time I have ever tried to rise above my minimum requirements as a human being really. So uh this is a big deal for me, and I really cannot wait to spend a week of my summer meeting women in my community, meeting congress women, and creating friendships.

I truly hope this gets my foot in the door for future policy making and the potential for congress. Because as I told my father the other day, I am planning on being politician one day, cause this world needs more social workers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment